- Ollivier Provides Cybersecurity Protocol
- Crowdsourcing Surveillance
- Guards, Dogs and Technology
- RFID and Physical Security
- Bomb Threats: An Effective Denial-of-Service Attack
- Convergence: The Next Horizon in Security
- Eyes for Security
- Smoke Screen to the Rescue
- Full Body Scanners: What’s Next?
- New Look at Security Systems!
- View All
New Look at Security Systems!
Hot Topics – New Look at Security Systems!
Security systems now operate like traditional accounting systems or work-in-process applications for large manufacturers. These are typically client/server applications. From our view, we find that companies with security systems are not organizing their personnel to take full advantage of the client/server architecture. They do not make clear distinctions between the custodian of the system and owner of the system. This lack of clarity costs a lot of additional money…cash, not just employee time. This problem is particularly pronounced when managing the deployment of the system at multiple locations. Adding buildings, reducing the footprint of buildings, supplementing access control with audio or video surveillance, closing a building are all projects that can be much less costly with the right approach. This approach is the same used over the past 30 years with the traditional business applications mentioned above.